Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » TCP ports used by the Eclipse debugger?(Remote eclipse debugging has stopped working for me)
TCP ports used by the Eclipse debugger? [message #1512750] Tue, 16 December 2014 01:11
Warwick Burrows is currently offline Warwick BurrowsFriend
Hi,

The eclipse debugger has stopped working for me over the last 6 months or more for all versions of eclipse that I download. The debugger will start but its extremely slow at connecting and will run into timeouts and eventually hang the eclipse instance requiring that I kill it. When looking at the process stack dump there seems to be a large number of tcp listener threads being created and then hanging. I think the issue may be related to either the McAfee firewall product the company uses or to the firewall implementation in our company network. Can anyone provide me with a complete list of the ports that the eclipse debugger uses for connections to a remote java application as I'd like to have the network team monitor the ports, or open them up in our dev environment if they aren't open. I do realize that there is the standard port that you configure for the remote jvm and that seems to be open because I can connect to the remote jvm. But if there are other back-channel ports that I should be aware of then I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Warwick
Previous Topic:Problem Migrating a Jar
Next Topic:[Help] Debug Android Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:53:42 GMT 2024