Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace(Cannot install remote marketplace locations: )
icon4.gif  Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace [message #1510996] Sun, 14 December 2014 15:08 Go to next message
John Tsioumpris is currently offline John TsioumprisFriend
Hello to everybody
I am experiencing a rather annoying error when i try to use th Marketplace

The error details are :
Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace
Cannot install remote marketplace locations: org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.ServiceLocator cannot be cast to org.eclipse.epp.mpc.core.service.IMarketplaceServiceLocator
org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.ServiceLocator cannot be cast to org.eclipse.epp.mpc.core.service.IMarketplaceServiceLocator
org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.ServiceLocator cannot be cast to org.eclipse.epp.mpc.core.service.IMarketplaceServiceLocator

I have tried disabling the Anti virus/Firewall but nothing happened.
I even unzip the latest mpc client (mpc-1.3.1.zip) but again nothing.
Any ideas....it would be a big nuisance to unistall and reinstall Eclipse since i can't remember which plugins i have installed
Re: Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace [message #1512390 is a reply to message #1510996] Mon, 15 December 2014 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Tsioumpris is currently offline John TsioumprisFriend
Nevermind i resolve it
Re: Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace [message #1589938 is a reply to message #1512390] Wed, 28 January 2015 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Fashimpaur is currently offline Dennis FashimpaurFriend
John Tsioumpris wrote on Mon, 15 December 2014 18:09
Nevermind i resolve it

Would you kindly advise what your resolution was? I have the same issue and do not see how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace [message #1647114 is a reply to message #1510996] Tue, 03 March 2015 09:04 Go to previous message
Marius Belea is currently offline Marius BeleaFriend
execute
eclipse.exe -clean

I also had the bug that the Marketplace Client didn't appear in the installed software list. Had to go to the install new software dialog, uncheck "hide already installed", search and choose to install the (already marked as installed) marketplace client -> finish . As a result the plugin appeared in the installation details / already installed software page.
Previous Topic:Custom Project Properties Page
Next Topic:Need Help w. Compilation Error.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:51:10 GMT 2024