Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Integrate Web Tools Into Customized Eclipse(I work with a customized Eclipse called ICE Workbench. I want to develop a JSF-project with it and don't know how.)
Integrate Web Tools Into Customized Eclipse [message #1507101] Thu, 11 December 2014 10:14 Go to next message
Lukas Leuenberger is currently offline Lukas LeuenbergerFriend
Hi Guys

I work with a customized Eclipse called ICE Workbench (there is an Avaloq-Plugin included). It is possible to develop standard Java-projects. For a project I have to create a 'Dynamic Web Project', which is not available in the wizard. How can I include the required packages in this IDE? I know there are All-In-One-Packages. But my enterprise does not allow me to install nor use them. I am familiar with programing JSF and Java. What I effectively need is like the environment from Web Tools in the enterprise's eclipse. I hope you guys get what I mean, if not please do not hesitate to ask further questions. On my private computer I can create a ,Dynamic Web Project'. I do not need to know how do that. My problem is the embedding of the Web Tools in Avaloq ICE Workbench.

Thank for your support on my first topic. Smile

Greetings,

Lukas
Re: Integrate Web Tools Into Customized Eclipse [message #1507449 is a reply to message #1507101] Thu, 11 December 2014 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
In many cases you can install additional features into any Eclipse-based application. There are some instructions here: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-124.htm

I say "in many cases" because I have seen some commercial products based on Eclipse where they have either disabled this ability or have mucked up Eclipse so badly that it doesn't work properly.
No Solution, but workaround. [message #1551110 is a reply to message #1507449] Wed, 07 January 2015 12:12 Go to previous message
Lukas Leuenberger is currently offline Lukas LeuenbergerFriend
Hi Eric!
Sorry for my late response, I spent some days in the mountains without any internet accesss.
Thank you for reply, you were right, the ability is disabled. So I never had the chance that it would work properly.

My solution looks as follows:
I just downloaded an Eclipse IDE where everything I needed is integrated. I use property-files so I can easily edit the things I need with them and restart the application.

Greetings

Lukas
Previous Topic:Chronology Plugin
Next Topic:Problems with SVN/Git projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:07:44 GMT 2024