Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula in Jenkins on a Remote Desktop(Can jubula run without grafical UI?)
Jubula in Jenkins on a Remote Desktop [message #1505834] Wed, 10 December 2014 10:48 Go to next message
Sergej Ritter is currently offline Sergej RitterFriend
Hello,
i know that Jubula can run on Jenkins. But can it run without a visible UI?
Because the test are running at night, and we want that Jenkins start to run it on a other Desktop with Remote connection. But the screen of this Desktop is off.
We had try the Testing Tool "FEST" before. This tool cant manage it.
Is it possible with Jubula to run it on a off screen with remote connection on a desktop?

Regards ,
Ritter.
Re: Jubula in Jenkins on a Remote Desktop [message #1505912 is a reply to message #1505834] Wed, 10 December 2014 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Sergej,

Jubula sends real clicks and keyboard interactions, just like a user would. That's why we need a UI.
There is some information on setting up a test machine here:
http://testing.bredex.de/test-machine-setup.html

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula in Jenkins on a Remote Desktop [message #1506010 is a reply to message #1505912] Wed, 10 December 2014 13:54 Go to previous message
Joost Andrae is currently offline Joost AndraeFriend
Hi Sergej,

on my side I'm using a virtualized Win Server environment where the client application is automated using Guidancer/Eclipse Jubula and the jobs are once started via Hudson and nowadays started using Jenkins from a Linux system. This configuration works like a charm.

Maybe you're using Linux or Solaris...then you might give Xvfb (from Xorg) or Xdummy a try.

Kind regards, Joost
Previous Topic:Actions between Suites in a Job
Next Topic:Object Mapping in AUT "application_aut" for this node is incomplete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:40:04 GMT 2024