Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Cannot open the connection for the driver Oracle DB
Cannot open the connection for the driver Oracle DB [message #1499626] Fri, 05 December 2014 09:21 Go to next message
keerthi sudha is currently offline keerthi sudhaFriend
Hi
I created report project in Eclipse Birt with some reports (Version: 4.3.0., Windows 7)
The data source is an Oracle database . In the WEB viewer, the reports display with data ok.
Runtime for Birt is Tomcat server 7, Oracle DB is the same.
I copied ojdbc14.jar (with its directory) from pc to the directory:
/home/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/BIRT-Viewer/WEB-INF/lib/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.3.0.v201306041519/drivers,
I installed BIRT viewer, sample report displays ok,
But my reports do not display for error:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
I am a newbie in Birt, please help.
Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver Oracle DB [message #1500325 is a reply to message #1499626] Fri, 05 December 2014 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
This jar file should be put just under WEB-INF/lib folder: the subfolder you mentionned is OK with Eclipse designer, but not with a Tomcat server.

Furthermore with Tomcat it is highly recommended to use a "Connection Pool" rather than a direct JDBC access. If you setup a such pool, you won't have to deal with Oracle logins / passwords of the server in birt reports, among other huge benefits.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 December 2014 22:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver Oracle DB [message #1500667 is a reply to message #1500325] Sat, 06 December 2014 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keerthi sudha is currently offline keerthi sudhaFriend
Smile
Thanks for the help Donino

Can you please provide the steps for creating "Connection Pool" in Tomcat and the way to use it in birt .

Thanks in Advance
Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver Oracle DB [message #1501046 is a reply to message #1500667] Sat, 06 December 2014 12:47 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
There are a couple of Google links describing how to do this in Tomcat , please be more specific about which problems you encounter. By the way you should download and install PSI probe in Tomcat, this is useful beyond measure to test connections pools and diagnose issues.
Previous Topic:No Euro Symbol
Next Topic:BIRT 371 report running fine on BIRT Designer but running on taking long time to run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 03:12:27 GMT 2024