Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc ORACLE DB
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc ORACLE DB [message #1499615] Fri, 05 December 2014 09:13 Go to next message
keerthi sudha is currently offline keerthi sudhaFriend
Hi
I created report project in Eclipse Birt with some reports (Version: 4.3.0., Windows7)
The data source is an Oracle database. In the WEB viewer, the reports display with data ok.
Runtime for Birt is Tomcat server 7, Oracle DB is the same.
I installed BIRT viewer, sample report displays ok.
I copied ojdbc14.jar (with its directory) from pc to the directory:
/home/apache-tomcat-7/webapps/BIRT-Viewer/WEB-INF/lib/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.3.0.v201306041519/drivers
But my reports do not display for error:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.
I am a newbie in Birt, please help.
Sad
Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc ORACLE DB [message #1499927 is a reply to message #1499615] Fri, 05 December 2014 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Knauer is currently offline Markus KnauerFriend

I may be wrong but to me this doesn't look like a RAP-related issue. I think you should ask this question in the BIRT forum [1] where they are more knowledgeable about the BIRT web-viewer than here in the RAP forum.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/2/

Thanks,
Markus
Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc ORACLE DB [message #1500609 is a reply to message #1499927] Sat, 06 December 2014 03:51 Go to previous message
keerthi sudha is currently offline keerthi sudhaFriend
Sorry for wrong posting.

Thanks,
Keerthi
Previous Topic:How to self-update RAP application?
Next Topic:Bowser Widget Flicker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:33:34 GMT 2024