Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » why is my eclipse RCP product locked and can't be updated?(after a clean install and initialize, p2 default profile has 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.lock' value='3')
why is my eclipse RCP product locked and can't be updated? [message #1498634] Thu, 04 December 2014 14:57
Steve Donie is currently offline Steve DonieFriend
This is also cross-posted to StackOverflow. I can't include the link, but I'll make sure to post the answer there when this gets resolved. I've spent WAY too much time on this.

I am building an Eclipse RCP-based product, and I am running into an issue where when I try to use the built-in p2 UI to install updates to the product, I get an error message in the dialog that "Insufficient access privileges to apply this update."

I have debugged into Eclipse and found that the 'root cause' is that there is a p2 .profile file that has xml that includes this snippet:

<iuProperties id='com.datical.db.ui.product' version='1.33.0.201412032223'>
  <properties size='4'>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.internal.inclusion.rules' value='STRICT'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.root' value='true'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.lock' value='3'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.base' value='true'/>
  </properties>
</iuProperties>

The relevant line is the one that says
<property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.lock' value='3'/>

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong - I think I must have something awry in my product definition or my feature definition or in my install process that is causing this line to be there.

When I step through the Eclipse code (our target environment is 3.7/Indigo) I see that the profile is being written inside
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine:SurrogateProfileHandler:addSharedProfileBaseIUs
(which is private static.) That is called from
SurrogateProfileHandler:createProfile

The product's p2 repository is being built using the tycho plugins, version 0.15. We haven't moved to a newer version of Tycho, mainly out of FUD.
Previous Topic:p2 and revoked certificates
Next Topic:Update E4 RCP application with Launcher Name fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:49:00 GMT 2024