Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation(Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation)
Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation [message #1497021] Wed, 03 December 2014 13:29 Go to next message
Niccolo\' Bulgarini is currently offline Niccolo\' BulgariniFriend
I've tried the last three versions of EclipseCDT on ubuntu but haven't been able to set the option for creating automatically the documentation within the getters/setters creation automatic procedure. I would like to get something similar to what I can obtain with CodeBlocks; this is an example:

/** Access Name
         * \return The current value of Name
         */
        std::string GetName() { return Name; }
        /** Set Name
         * \param val New value to set
         */

Can I have the same in Eclipse?
Thank you
Re: Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation [message #1499015 is a reply to message #1497021] Thu, 04 December 2014 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ron W is currently offline Ron WFriend
Looks like you would need to define your own template for that.

But, you could have the template create a "skeleton" version of the get/set methods:

/** Access ${name}
* \return The current value of ${name}
*/
${type} Get${name}() { return ${name}; }
/** Set ${name}
* \param val New value to set
*/
void Set${name}(${type} val) { ${name} = val; }
Re: Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation [message #1499757 is a reply to message #1499015] Fri, 05 December 2014 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Niccolo\' Bulgarini is currently offline Niccolo\' BulgariniFriend
Thank you. How can I do it?
Re: Create getters/setters with Doxygen documentation [message #1500020 is a reply to message #1499757] Fri, 05 December 2014 16:10 Go to previous message
Ron W is currently offline Ron WFriend
It least in Eclipse Kepler, open Preferences, then under C/C++, Editor, Templates. Then either create a New template, or Edit an existing template. Give it a convenient name, then copy/paste my example in my previous post into the Pattern box and modify it for your needs/preferences. Then click Ok.

For more information, open the Help dialog, then under C/C++ Development User Guide, Tasks, Write Code, Working with Content Assist.

If you are using a different version of Eclipse, it should not be hard to find in that version's Help dialog.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Kepler Service Release 2
Build id: 20140224-0627

Eclipse GCC Cross Compiler Support
Version: 8.3.0.201402142303
Previous Topic:can't send ctrl-C or ctrl-Break to the console in debug
Next Topic:CDT Luna 4.4.1 Indexer not compatible with boost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 04:52:45 GMT 2024