Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to have package explorer unfold everything JUST to the level of filenames(Can't seem to have package expolorer either remember what's been unfolded, or open just to the level of filenames (and not classes, etc.))
How to have package explorer unfold everything JUST to the level of filenames [message #1495996] Tue, 02 December 2014 17:48 Go to next message
tgm 1024 is currently offline tgm 1024Friend
When I open up eclipse I have to reopen every package to see the full list of files. There is a shortcut to "unfold" entire subtrees of such hierarchies, but this results in me seeing every class and method in every file, which is far far too much information.

I just want the unfolding to stop at the level of files. Like so:

My Project
    source
        a.b.c.packagename
            One.java
            Two.java
            Three.java
        a.b.c.otherpackagename
            Four.java    
            Five.java

Can I either:

1. Quickly open the project tree so it unfolds everything only to the source file level (and doesn't proceed to show me the classes and other contents of the file in the tree).

or

2. Have the package view remember precisely how far I've previously unfolded the tree? Then I could do it once and forget about it.

No, synchronized method declarations will not get you out of this newbie multithreading pitfall:
thing.set(thing.get() + 1);
Re: How to have package explorer unfold everything JUST to the level of filenames [message #1497094 is a reply to message #1495996] Wed, 03 December 2014 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javin Paul is currently offline Javin PaulFriend

If such shortcut exists then I am also interested in knowing that. Looks a good option to me ..
Re: How to have package explorer unfold everything JUST to the level of filenames [message #1511259 is a reply to message #1497094] Sun, 14 December 2014 20:20 Go to previous message
tgm 1024 is currently offline tgm 1024Friend
Javin Paul wrote on Wed, 03 December 2014 09:39
If such shortcut exists then I am also interested in knowing that. Looks a good option to me ..

I may have to resort to writing my own addon for this. This is silly. I'm having a hard time believing that this doesn't exist.

It doesn't make sense for a world-class IDE to have neither

1. a memory of what's previously been unfolded
(nor)
2. a shortcut to unfold everything to a specific level

No, synchronized method declarations will not get you out of this newbie multithreading pitfall:
thing.set(thing.get() + 1);
Previous Topic:Built in Dictionary
Next Topic:Problems reinstalling eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:58:07 GMT 2024