Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » SecurityFilter - multiple Principals(AbstractChainableSecurityFilter only allows one Principal)
SecurityFilter - multiple Principals [message #1491912] Sat, 29 November 2014 10:53
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
Hi all

As described on WIKI I authenticate the users against a LDAP server. This works fine.

Now I try to use the Roles/Groups to which a user is assigned in LDAP as base for the Permission Assignment in the Scout AccessControlService. The intention is, to map LDAP Roles to Scout PermissionClasses (i.e. using a database table) and use org.eclipse.scout.rt.shared.services.common.security.AccessControlUtility.createPermissions(Object[][] permissionData).

The problem which I'm struggling is the transfer of the user's assigned LDAP Roles/Groups from the security filter to the AccessControlService.

Based on https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/core.1111/e10043/introroles.htm#JISEC2259 I thought the best/correct approach would be to add multiple Principals to the subject (one for the user and one per assigned role/group).
But the problem with this approach is, that the method org.eclipse.scout.rt.server.commons.servletfilter.security.AbstractChainableSecurityFilter.negotiate(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp, PrincipalHolder holder) uses a PrincipalHolder wrapper which can only hold ONE Principal and not a Set of Principals as the Subject.

Is this "single principal" mechanism intentional? What are the reasons for?

Do I missunderstand something?

BTW: In the meantime, as a workaround, I uses a custom Principal class which holds also a set of roles and use this in the AccessControlService - but I think this is not in accordance with the above mentioned Oracle document.

-rene
Previous Topic:Combobox dissapeared in Text key selection
Next Topic:Openshift: a startup guide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:45:58 GMT 2024