Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Setting Google Chrome as html viewer
Setting Google Chrome as html viewer [message #1487957] Wed, 26 November 2014 07:43 Go to next message
nicole h is currently offline nicole hFriend
Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to BIRT and came across follwoing problem:

I created a report containing an external html file (a testreport created from Jubula) but the format of this html gets lost.

I tried all different views (pdf, html, docx,...) but I never get the original style of the html file and I think this might be due to the BIRT viewer.

So, what I want to try is to use google chrome as an html viewer but I don`t know how to do this.
So I would either like to change the html viewer to google chrome or to save the created html file and then open it with chrome.
I researched a lot, but was not able to figure out, how I can do this.

For pdf, I always used the function "View Report as PDF" and then I saved the pdf. Is there a way to save the report when using "View Report as HTML"?

I am using Eclipse Luna with the BIRT plugin.

Thanks
Re: Setting Google Chrome as html viewer [message #1487977 is a reply to message #1487957] Wed, 26 November 2014 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronin_J J is currently offline ronin_J JFriend
Window - Preferences - Report Design - Preview check "Always use externak browsers" . In "Web Browser " select chrome
Re: Setting Google Chrome as html viewer [message #1487992 is a reply to message #1487977] Wed, 26 November 2014 08:19 Go to previous message
nicole h is currently offline nicole hFriend
Thanks, I managed now to change the viewer....but unfotunately it didn't solve my problem Sad

The format of the original html file still gets lost.
Any ideas why this happens and how I can fix this?

Thanks
Previous Topic:The problem with the transmission parameters in the dataset using mongodb mapreduce
Next Topic:Word break in Report Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:13:04 GMT 2024