Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to export the smallest possible JAR file size
How to export the smallest possible JAR file size [message #1487746] Wed, 26 November 2014 03:38 Go to next message
chris yo is currently offline chris yoFriend
My project's jar file size is getting bigger and bigger as more stuff is added into it. I am wondering if someone has tips on how to generate a smaller jar file.

I export it as a Runnable JAR file and the library handling is Copy required libraries into a sub-folder next to the generated JAR.

In the Properties - Java Compiler - Classfile Generation, everything is unticked.

With these options, I was able to save approx 3MB of space. And I am hoping I can save more by removing the unneeded data.

My .jar file has a .java._trace files in it. How can I remove this from the jar file?

A .xtend and .class file is also there for each class. Since the .class file is just a conversion of the .xtend, I want to remove either one of these from the jar file. How can I achieve this? Or is this even possible?

I would appreciate any tips and tricks that can help me reduce the size of the jar file.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2014 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to export the smallest possible JAR file size [message #1487897 is a reply to message #1487746] Wed, 26 November 2014 06:31 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently online Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i guess you have no chance besides building the jar (for the project - not the dependencies) yourself

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:XTEXT How to add data to grammar
Next Topic:copy JvmAnnotationReference and "Cannot root object twice" (xtext 2.7.3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:11:13 GMT 2024