Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Add decorators to UML view
icon5.gif  Add decorators to UML view [message #1486986] Tue, 25 November 2014 13:05 Go to next message
Simon Lindh is currently offline Simon LindhFriend
Is it possible to from my plugin reach into and add decorators on items in the UML view in Papyrus, just like it's possible to read and decorate ModelExplorerView?

Is there any documentation or api guide for this kind of modification?

Thanks,
Re: Add decorators to UML view [message #1488019 is a reply to message #1486986] Wed, 26 November 2014 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Simon,

Decorators are currently not properly supported. It is possible, but the decorator service has been designed specifically for Validation Decorators, and is not very flexible. We use this for e.g. "External" elements decorator (Or inherited properties).

Alternatively, you may also use the Symbols framework, and use the "Decoration" display. To do so, apply the "Papyrus Internal > Symbols" profile, apply the TypeSymbolDefinition stereotype on an element, and specify the image via the "symbolPath" property. Then, in the appearance tab, you can display it via "Shape Decoration > Visible = true" (And specify the Position as well). That's not exactly the same display as decorators, but if the display is satisfying for you, I can explain you how you can generalize that from an external plug-in (I'll need more information on your exact use-case however)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Add decorators to UML view [message #1488215 is a reply to message #1488019] Wed, 26 November 2014 12:08 Go to previous message
Simon Lindh is currently offline Simon LindhFriend
Camille Letavernier wrote on Wed, 26 November 2014 08:42
, I can explain you how you can generalize that from an external plug-in (I'll need more information on your exact use-case however)

Regards,
Camille

Thanks for responding.

What would be enough is just to add a warning triangle with a text like current warnings on items.

I'm doing it from an external plugin, so what I would like to know is how to get the items in the papyrus uml-view and add the warnings all in java code.
Previous Topic:state machine in-state reaction
Next Topic:Defining Component interactions in Sequence Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 06 17:38:11 GMT 2020