Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Searching topics on the Scout forum
Searching topics on the Scout forum [message #1486704] Tue, 25 November 2014 08:22 Go to next message
barust Mising name is currently offline barust Mising nameFriend
Perhaps it may be a trivial question for the scout users:

Quote:
- It would be great if every topic additionally flagged category and type, it would help quickly find the topic on the forum;

Quote:
- It would be great to add to the columns (topic, replies, views) on the forum two columns: category and type;

Quote:
- It would be great if the column (replies, views, as well as category and type in future), filtered and indexed.

I think it would help many users.

For example:
- Category: GUI, Scout SDK , Java SDK, RAP, Mobile, Web, etc.
- The type: Class, Menu Bar, Menu, Button, etc.

At the moment I use search topics by template "Scout ... and other word ..", which is a bit inconvenient.

Maybe the question is not related to the topic of Scout forum?

Bakhtiyor.
Re: Searching topics on the Scout forum [message #1486849 is a reply to message #1486704] Tue, 25 November 2014 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Bakhtiyor Ruzimatov wrote on Tue, 25 November 2014 09:22
Maybe the question is not related to the topic of Scout forum?

For the Scout Forum, we depend on the forum engine that Eclipse Foundation is providing us. If you see something we could do better with the current engine, fell free to tell us. I think that there is no support for categories and/or tags coupled with search for the moment.

You can file a change request under product=Community and component=Forums and Newsgroups with your ideas (first check if someone have already asked for such features).

---

A long time ago I have imagined a separate tool to process the forum content. I have written a parser that scan an HTML page and convert it to some java objects (an EMF Model to be precise).

My idea was to be able to have a backup locally, to perform some Lucene queries, to add missing metadata to the post (a state: to answer/solved, some tags...) and to have a small application "Forum Viewer" to handle all these information. The idea was to have this Open-Source somewhere.

But like all these side-projects, it takes time....

---

An other idea is to use an other platform. Since a few month we have started to answer questions on StackOverflow (question tagged with "eclipse-scout").

At least the platform is more user friendly than this forum. But we do not have a community there for the moment.

---

To search on this forum, I often use google with a query like this:
site:https://www.eclipse.org/forums/ "Eclipse Scout" Menu Refactoring Luna

---

I hope it helps. I totally undestand your frustration.
Re: Searching topics on the Scout forum [message #1487768 is a reply to message #1486849] Wed, 26 November 2014 04:02 Go to previous message
barust Mising name is currently offline barust Mising nameFriend
Thank you Jérémie for useful advice.

Quote:
I totally undestand your frustration.

wanted to help on https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/867250/
Frankly, it was hard to find a topic about "Multiple outline", and in fact I created this topic Smile
I regret!

Sincerely,
Bakhtiyor (can be briefly Barust)
Previous Topic:Import FormFieldData of GroupBox
Next Topic:Combobox dissapeared in Text key selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:47:58 GMT 2024