Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Sharing a testcase among different AUTs under the same project
Sharing a testcase among different AUTs under the same project [message #1480608] Thu, 20 November 2014 10:14 Go to next message
Ritu Gupta is currently offline Ritu GuptaFriend
Hi,

My test objective is to reuse the same test case to test multiple AUTs.
E.g. To use one test case to test Eclipse Kepler and Luna.

Here is what I did:
Created a new test suite for Luna and dragged the test case that was recorded with Kepler.
Added this test suite to the Test job, which now has 2 test suites one for Kepler(KeplerAUT) and one for Luna (LunaAUT)

My problem:
The moment I saved the Luna test suite, I received an error message in the problems panel:
Incomplete Object Mapping for AUT "LunaAUT". Unknown Functional Test Problem

Where am I going wrong? Please guide.
Re: Sharing a testcase among different AUTs under the same project [message #1480618 is a reply to message #1480608] Thu, 20 November 2014 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

every AUT has its own object mapping so you have to perform the object for every AUT you want to test. If you don´t want to do this you could try to not add a second AUT but add a new AUT configuration to your already existing AUT (for which you already performed OM). This way OM can be reused for several different AUT (configurations)
Regards
Oliver
icon14.gif  Re: Sharing a testcase among different AUTs under the same project [message #1481438 is a reply to message #1480618] Fri, 21 November 2014 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ritu Gupta is currently offline Ritu GuptaFriend
Hi Oliver,

Many thanks for your quick response. I tried based on what you suggested and it works for me. Will get back to you if there is any issues while running my tests using testexec / from Jenkins Smile

Thanks.
Re: Sharing a testcase among different AUTs under the same project [message #1481805 is a reply to message #1481438] Fri, 21 November 2014 08:33 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Alright Smile
Happy testing!
Previous Topic:possible to define / use conditions?
Next Topic:Does Jubula need a UI to run the tests?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:05:57 GMT 2024