Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Secondary data set null access issue(Getting: Column binding "xx" has referred to a data set column "xx" which does not exist.)
Secondary data set null access issue [message #1479803] Wed, 19 November 2014 18:55 Go to next message
Joshua Hu is currently offline Joshua HuFriend
Hi,

I have already tried using the script from: developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/
but getting an error at runtime.

My report design has 1 primary data set with 2 secondary data sets. In it, I have 4 identical grids, that each contain a table for the primary data set, and tables for the secondaries. If any of the secondary data sets are empty, then I get:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Column binding "xx" has referred to a data set column "xx" which does not exist.
I have tried:
- adding visibility rules, including for when the aggregation of lines is 0 for the data set, and adding an onFetch script on the data set
- using findDataSet in the beforeFactory as a condition then dropping the table, as I read that hiding a table still executes its queries
- the script above
- putting my secondary data set table within a parent grid and applying visibility rules to that

This problem actually doesn't happen when I only have one grid (out of the 4), but when I copy the second one, it fails. It is possibly some bug when the secondary data set table is repeated multiple times in a report?

Please help! Thanks.
Re: Secondary data set null access issue [message #1494936 is a reply to message #1479803] Mon, 01 December 2014 22:05 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What version of BIRT are you using? The Data Engine API is a private API. It was exposed for a very long time, but may have had access removed from the latest versions.

If you can attach an example that I can run that shows your issue, I could take a closer look at a solution for you.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:JVM crash when rendering the BIRT report
Next Topic:Auto-adjust column widths in table or grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 15:17:03 GMT 2024