Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project(Memory leak)
icon5.gif  JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project [message #1477985] Tue, 18 November 2014 09:21 Go to next message
Ranjeet Gupta is currently offline Ranjeet GuptaFriend
MY set up details:
Jubula version 7.2(64bit version
WIndows 7 64bit
Database Oracle 11g
My project size 400mb
My system ram-12gb(Recently increased my ram because of jubula was running out of space while exporting and importing )

I tried to export my test project which is around 400 mb every time jubula export dialog was exiting silently without telling about any error .Than after reading in forum i tried to increase jubula heap space to 3gb but still it did not help.As my ram was 4 gb so it was not possible to assign more space.Then I ordered my IT department for 12 gb ram and tried to export my project.I assigned 8gb heap space to jubula.Then when I tried to export my 400mb project ,I found some astounding facts.My javawexe size went up significantly up to 7gb and to my luck my project got exported .But now I am struggling to import the same project to any other Pc which has 8 gb ram.I attached some of the image to support my claim.
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 70.06KB, Downloaded 106 times)
Re: JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project [message #1480801 is a reply to message #1477985] Thu, 20 November 2014 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

have you tried using Jubula 8.0?
Re: JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project [message #1486765 is a reply to message #1480801] Tue, 25 November 2014 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ranjeet Gupta is currently offline Ranjeet GuptaFriend
Hi Oliver ;
Thanks for your suggestion.
The scenario after testing with jubula 8.0 is as follows

MY set up details:
Jubula version 7.2(64bit version
WIndows 7 64bit
Database Oracle 11g
My project size 250mb(Trimmed version of my Test Project)

My system ram-12gb(Recently increased my ram because of jubula was running out of space while exporting and importing )

I have installed Jubula 8.0.I tried to import my test project which is around 250 mb(which was exported from jubula 7.2) every time jubula import dialog was exiting silently without telling about any error .I tried to increase jubula heap space to 8gb but now the condition is much more worse .(Now jubula is doing some strange animation on my screen Like while importing sometimes my screen is blinking ).

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2014 09:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project [message #1487962 is a reply to message #1486765] Wed, 26 November 2014 07:46 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Do you have any log entries which you could provide? You can find them in your user home directory in the folder ".jubula".
Please feel free to enter a ticket in our Bugzilla.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jubula

Previous Topic:Problem with Mars AUT
Next Topic:Problem clicking with an HTML app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:14:58 GMT 2024