Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Californium (Cf) CoAP Framework » How to send a get request to device from handlePOST(exchange ) method
icon1.gif  How to send a get request to device from handlePOST(exchange ) method [message #1472256] Thu, 13 November 2014 18:36 Go to next message
vijay kasina is currently offline vijay kasinaFriend
Hi Guys I'm a bit new to Californium librery .So please bare with me..

Here is my problem..

I have the device running on some ip and port , and my coap server is running on different IP address. Device Starts communicating with the server by sending POST request to the server. the code is--

CoapClient client = new CoapClient("coap://myipAddress:myPortNumber/URI");"");

So i'm recieving the post request on the server side . Problem is i need to send the GET request to the device. so i'm creating a coap client on the server side and sending the request to the device.

String devIP = exchange.getSourceAddress();
Integer devPort = exchange.getSourcePort();

i'm building a new client and sending the get request as below:
CoapClent serverSideClient = new CoapClient("coap://"+devIP+":"+devPort);
Response res = serverSideClient .get();

but device is not recieving any request. In server side after some time i get the info that the "Retransmission limit reached .... "

I dont understand what went wrong .. i would appreciate any help . Thaks in advance.

PS: from server i'm able to send the piggy-backed response back to device by exchange.respond();
but the response is ACK-2.05 .
Re: How to send a get request to device from handlePOST(exchange ) method [message #1690994 is a reply to message #1472256] Wed, 01 April 2015 13:09 Go to previous message
hardy hardy is currently offline hardy hardyFriend
hi Vijay

Can you please share same more details regarding your code and environment. My requirement is pretty similar.

Thanks in advance...
Previous command line client unable to access coaps://
Next Topic:Californium CoAP Framework - PUT and POST samples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 22 15:45:16 GMT 2018