Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » How to disable default validation marking in EMFForms-generated controls?
How to disable default validation marking in EMFForms-generated controls? [message #1470361] Wed, 12 November 2014 09:22 Go to next message
Dmitri Pisarenko is currently offline Dmitri PisarenkoFriend
Messages: 24
Registered: September 2014
Junior Member
Hello!

I've created a wizard page based on EMFForms-generated controls (see screenshot below or, if you can't see it - here).

http://i.imgur.com/eNqfN4t.png

By default, fields with wrong data are marked by

1) an exclamation mark (1 in the screenshot above) and
2) a red background.

This is contrary to the way errors are marked in the normal Eclipse wizards. In the latter, the message is written in the top part of the window and marked by an error sign.

To make my EMFForms-generated controls compliant to the Eclipse look-and-feel, I need to

a) disable the display of the red exclamation mark and
b) disable changing the background of a control to red.

How can I do it?

I tried to set the "Error Color HEX" to white in the view template, but this didn't change anything.

http://i.imgur.com/0cMV6Cp.png

(click here, if you don't see the image)

Thanks in advance

Dmitri
Re: How to disable default validation marking in EMFForms-generated controls? [message #1471655 is a reply to message #1470361] Thu, 13 November 2014 08:44 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 699
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

you could remove the validation service form the view context in this
case. Setting the validation color should also work, though. Can you
report that as a BR please?

Best regards

Jonas

Am 12.11.2014 10:22, schrieb Dmitri Pisarenko:
> Hello!
>
> I've created a wizard page based on EMFForms-generated controls (see
> screenshot below or, if you can't see it -
> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s35/sh/ab4fdd22-b6e8-4d46-b10f-75d26e053884/cd64d40042cba4c96dc3b9f929833841).
>
>
>
>
> By default, fields with wrong data are marked by
>
> 1) an exclamation mark (1 in the screenshot above) and
> 2) a red background.
>
> This is contrary to the way errors are marked in the normal Eclipse
> wizards. In the latter, the message is written in the top part of the
> window and marked by an error sign.
>
> To make my EMFForms-generated controls compliant to the Eclipse
> look-and-feel, I need to
>
> a) disable the display of the red exclamation mark and
> b) disable changing the background of a control to red.
>
> How can I do it?
>
> I tried to set the "Error Color HEX" to white in the view template, but
> this didn't change anything.
>
>
>
> (click
> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s35/sh/df8407e5-de84-4cb7-85c2-302a6fc6fbd7/0874dabb64dfda81cb390a4ceb9ae52a,
> if you don't see the image)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dmitri
Previous Topic:[EMFClient] Running e3 demo application
Next Topic:Emf model compare view source code
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Mar 30 14:16:15 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top