Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Query view initialization state in a stack
Query view initialization state in a stack [message #1468459] Mon, 10 November 2014 21:43
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I want to add toolbar contributions to views during runtime and am struggling with view initialization.

When views are stacked only the visible view is fully initialized upon workbench startup. Hidden views in the same stack seem to be partly initialized.

The difference for those states is that a contributionFactory for toolbars seems to be queried the first time a view is brought to the top. I guess this is a one time action and cannot be re-triggered.

So adding a contributionFactory to a so far hidden view will add a toolbar entry while this does not work anymore if the view has already been brought to the top before. In the latter case we may add a toolbar entry directly to the toolbarmanager.

Now I need to find out if a view belongs to the first or the second group to decide how to add a toolbar entry. How can this be done?

thanks
Christian

Previous Topic:Duplicate MPart Creation Problem
Next Topic:Future of adt + gradle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:44:05 GMT 2024