Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem clicking with an HTML app
Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1467986] Mon, 10 November 2014 13:31 Go to next message
Dave Ball is currently offline Dave BallFriend
I'm evaluating jubula for use with a Vaadin web app. I've got a few test cases working, but none of the "click" actions seem to do anything. I'm seeing this in Chrome, Firefox - so hopefully it's something I'm doing silly!

For example, with the attached test case.
index.php/fa/19825/0/

the login button is selected, and the click action is marked as "suceeded", but the click isn't passed to the application. If I add another step to simulate pressing ENTER, this additional step DOES trigger the button.

From reading online, I thought this might be related to how webdriver executes click actions within the browser, and I wrote a simple WebDriver test case to check this:

// WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver();
driver.get("localhost:8080");
new WebDriverWait(driver, 10).until(ExpectedConditions.presenceOfElementLocated(By.id("username"))).sendKeys("su");
driver.findElement(By.id("password")).sendKeys("password");
driver.findElement(By.id("loginButton")).click();

however this works fine where I've tried it (both firefox and chrome), so I'm a bit stumped.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,
Dave

[edit: we have other difficulties in IE, but clicking is OK in IE]

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2014 10:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1480820 is a reply to message #1467986] Thu, 20 November 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

unfortunately I don´t have much experience with testing Vaadin apps using Jubula. Which Version of Jubula do you use?
I tried to perform a click on the "Click"-button in the Vaadin sampler app

(http://demo.vaadin.com/sampler/#ui/interaction/button)

and this seemed to work.
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1480831 is a reply to message #1480820] Thu, 20 November 2014 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for taking a look. We're using the latest version of vaadin - 7.3, which I imagine is close to the version they use for their sampler...

We'll have a look at clicking that button from our end, and get back to you.

Kind regards,,
Dave
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1480912 is a reply to message #1480831] Thu, 20 November 2014 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1480918 is a reply to message #1480820] Thu, 20 November 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

After a bit more playing, it seems that clicking works in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox.

Are you able to reproduce this in firefox?

Many thanks,
Dave
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1481804 is a reply to message #1480918] Fri, 21 November 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I´ll try FF next week when I´m back in office.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1485544 is a reply to message #1481804] Mon, 24 November 2014 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great - thanks for looking into this Oliver.

Dave
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1486655 is a reply to message #1485544] Tue, 25 November 2014 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I was not able to click the button using FF 31.2.0. The Test Case is marked successful but the button has not been clicked (can be verified by the appearing of the "Button was clicked" textfield in the lower right Corner) so it looks like executing these tests using FF has some issues. If this is a big issue for you feel free to enter a ticket at

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jubula

Regards
Oliver

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2014 07:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1487078 is a reply to message #1486655] Tue, 25 November 2014 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Oliver, I will look into that.

Is a WebDriver based AUTAgent (using webdriver directly instead of via the Selinium RC API) of interest to the jubula project? i have a very rough-around-the-edges implementation of this which works for basic playback test cases (but not yet for object mapping - and needs starting manually rather than configuable through the GUI). I might persue this webdriver based agent for our project, and if so I might look at tidying it enough for contributing back?

There are quite a few implementations of the WebDriver API, including AFAIK support for mobile browsers and native ios/android/WMP8.

Kind Regards,
Dave
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1487972 is a reply to message #1487078] Wed, 26 November 2014 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Hi Dave,

we are looking into moving to web driver, but are somewhat limited by the discrepancy between the number of people working on the project and the number of ideas we have for making Jubula better Smile .

We would appreciate any help we can get here. We should discuss this on the Jubula RC mailing list.

Thanks

Achim
Re: Problem clicking with an HTML app [message #1488105 is a reply to message #1487972] Wed, 26 November 2014 10:13 Go to previous message
Thanks Achim,

I can't make any promises about whether I will have the time for this, but I've subscribed to that list, and will follow up there if I go in this direction!

Kind regards,
Dave
Previous Topic:JUBULA:Resource Leak while Importing and exporting project
Next Topic:Problem with ?parseDate function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:01:57 GMT 2024