Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » symbol search in eclipse CDT
symbol search in eclipse CDT [message #1467765] Mon, 10 November 2014 09:38 Go to next message
Alex Zheng is currently offline Alex ZhengFriend

I read c++ code in my work. and I am using SourceInsihgt to browse the code, which is a brilliant code browser. The symbol list searcher is a great help to me. It lets me search the symbols/tags instantly.

However, not every one is perfect. Later, i tried eclipse CDT. I like its type hierarchy, which is good for understanding OOP code. But I still want that symbol list in eclipse, which can search symbols/tags globally.

Do you know how to do this in eclipse?

Thanks.
Re: symbol search in eclipse CDT [message #1468241 is a reply to message #1467765] Mon, 10 November 2014 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Ctrl+Shift+T (Open Element)
Re: symbol search in eclipse CDT [message #1468697 is a reply to message #1468241] Tue, 11 November 2014 02:23 Go to previous message
Alex Zheng is currently offline Alex ZhengFriend
Thanks very much.

Another question is about code folding line background color.

I like to use code folding, as it is helpful in helping understanding the logic of some big functions.
But I find that after folding in eclipse, the background line color does not change. The only difference is that the "-" sign becomes "+" sign, which is easy to neglect some folded code when you go somewhere and come back.

I like the way that vim treats its folding.
Do you know how can make eclipse does as vim?
Previous Topic:C++ libraries (vector, typeinfo, etc) show up as Unresolved Includes, but are in Include dropdown...
Next Topic:"Cannot run program "sh"" error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:45:29 GMT 2024