Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse
icon9.gif  EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse [message #1465923] Sat, 08 November 2014 20:31
Stephen Buergler is currently offline Stephen BuerglerFriend
I guess I posted in the wrong subforum. Basically it seem that your project has to be set up in very specific ways for the tool to work. It seems like either the tool or eclipse should be smart enough to remediate these problems.
Stephen Buergler wrote on Wed, 05 November 2014 15:08
So in eclipse I do the JPA > Generate Tables from Entities... but I get an exception because the javaee-api-6.0.zip from maven doesn't have any method bodies. So I copied the command line, which is more difficult than it should be on windows, and ran it with that jar removed. Then there is another exception because some javax.persistence classes are signed differently in one jar then they are in another so I have to remove eclipselink's jar from the classpath too.
Another exception NoInitialContext or something. My persistence.xml has a <non-jta-data-source> so I need to remove that line.
NoClassDefFoundError. Some classes are missing.. (org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.jpql.parser.ExpressionVisitor) so I have to download eclipselink and add that to the classpath.

It works now but could there be some kind of fix that makes this unnecessary?

Previous Topic:wrong id returned when inserting
Next Topic:Eclipselink merge does not insert a new row in many-to-many relationship
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:14:15 GMT 2024