Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Startup Error Help?(New to coding. Keep getting an error notice when I try to start the program.)
icon5.gif  Startup Error Help? [message #1463900] Fri, 07 November 2014 02:05 Go to next message
Ray Free is currently offline Ray FreeFriend
I just started learning to code a few months ago, and this program was recommended as a good way to put out simple apps. My computer is running Windows 8.1 (it's actually an HP Pavilion G6 - which predates Windows 8. ) Windows 8 has a "desktop" page that acts more or less the same as a Windows 7's desktop. You put Java on the system, and for a lot of programs, you can just download Windows 7, 64-bit stuff. It runs slow but it does run. I was hoping this would work for this program too, but I can't tell what this error is about - is there something I need to download to fix it? Or will it not run in Windows 8?

To be clear, when I click open on the application file, it just pops this up. The actual program won't start.

index.php/fa/19788/0/
Re: Startup Error Help? [message #1464688 is a reply to message #1463900] Fri, 07 November 2014 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hayley Bridges is currently offline Hayley BridgesFriend
I am having the same problem, did you figure it out?
Re: Startup Error Help? [message #1464759 is a reply to message #1464688] Fri, 07 November 2014 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Read the "sticky" post at the top of this forum titled, "Eclipse won't start? READ THIS FIRST"
Re: Startup Error Help? [message #1464828 is a reply to message #1463900] Fri, 07 November 2014 22:29 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 11/06/2014 09:58 PM, Ray Free wrote:
> I just started learning to code a few months ago, and this program was recommended as a good way to put out simple apps. My computer is running Windows 8.1 (it's actually an HP Pavilion G6 - which predates Windows 8. ) Windows 8 has a "desktop" page that acts more or less the same as a Windows 7's desktop. You put Java on the system, and for a lot of programs, you can just download Windows 7, 64-bit stuff. It runs slow but it does run. I was hoping this would work for this program too, but I can't tell what this error is about - is there something I need to download to fix it? Or will it not run in Windows 8?
>
> To be clear, when I click open on the application file, it just pops this up. The actual program won't start.

Are you not trying to run a 64-bit Eclipse on a 32-bit JRE? They must match.
Previous Topic:Build Mars SDK from source code
Next Topic:Unable to run Junit4 runner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:25:53 GMT 2024