Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » [SOLVED]How add org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.example.view to rcptt?(Error generate: Can load package http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore, http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore#/)
icon5.gif  [SOLVED]How add org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.example.view to rcptt? [message #1463097] Thu, 06 November 2014 07:50 Go to next message
Francis BACQUET is currently offline Francis BACQUETFriend
Hi,

I cannot use org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.example.view with rcptt.
I copied the jar in aut/dropins/plugins.

and i copied this jars:
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.parser
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.shell
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.telnet.server
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.telnet.server.ui
org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.jface.fragment
org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.swt.fragment

when rcptt (rcptt 1.5.2 and 1.5.3) execute the command "show-views", an error generate:
Can load package http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore, http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore#/
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.readEPackage(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:954)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.readEClass(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:966)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.loadEObject(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:1226)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.loadResource(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl.doLoad(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:128)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1511)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.internal.core.EMFStreamPipe.take(EMFStreamPipe.java:106)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.writeOutput(EclTcpSession.java:199)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.access$6(EclTcpSession.java:196)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession$1.run(EclTcpSession.java:96)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I tested with my application and eclipse java luna (the plugin example is present in installation detail)

Have you an answer?
I don't this problem with my custom jar .

Thank you in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2014 16:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How add org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.example.view to rcptt? [message #1463215 is a reply to message #1463097] Thu, 06 November 2014 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Show-views doesn't work from IDE because testcase returns View objects into IDE and for now IDE doesn't support it.
You can try this way:

show-views | foreach [val v] { log [format "%s: %s" [$v | get id] [$v | get label]] } //write id and labels into Error log
show-view "org.eclipse.help.ui.HelpView" //open view Help in AUT 

Let me know if it helps.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
icon14.gif  Re: How add org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.example.view to rcptt? [message #1463432 is a reply to message #1463215] Thu, 06 November 2014 14:57 Go to previous message
Francis BACQUET is currently offline Francis BACQUETFriend
Thanks Olga,
your solution is good. Cool
If I meet the error (Can load package), I will use "foreach [val v] {}" on my object. Razz

FYI, I activated the option "Allocate console" to display the result in console.
The option "Allocate console" is in aut's configuration, in tab "Common".
Previous Topic:Null Pointer Exception
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Key + Mouse combination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:36:03 GMT 2024