Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse(Lots of bugs)
icon9.gif  EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse [message #1462425] Wed, 05 November 2014 15:08 Go to next message
Stephen Buergler is currently offline Stephen BuerglerFriend
So in eclipse I do the JPA > Generate Tables from Entities... but I get an exception because the javaee-api-6.0.zip from maven doesn't have any method bodies. So I copied the command line, which is more difficult than it should be on windows, and ran it with that jar removed. Then there is another exception because some javax.persistence classes are signed differently in one jar then they are in another so I have to remove eclipselink's jar from the classpath too.
Another exception NoInitialContext or something. My persistence.xml has a <non-jta-data-source> so I need to remove that line.
NoClassDefFoundError. Some classes are missing.. (org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.jpql.parser.ExpressionVisitor) so I have to download eclipselink and add that to the classpath.

It works now but could there be some kind of fix that makes this unnecessary?
Re: EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse [message #1463385 is a reply to message #1462425] Thu, 06 November 2014 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
If you don't get good response here, try asking in the EclipseLink forum.
Re: EclipseLink ddlgen doesn't work in eclipse [message #1465924 is a reply to message #1463385] Sat, 08 November 2014 20:32 Go to previous message
Stephen Buergler is currently offline Stephen BuerglerFriend
Thanks. Made a post about it here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1465923/
Previous Topic:Unable to run Junit4 runner
Next Topic:Eclipse hangs while startup for the first time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:38:39 GMT 2024