Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Shortcuts / Keybinding doesn't work
Shortcuts / Keybinding doesn't work [message #1458018] Sat, 01 November 2014 00:02 Go to next message
Ralf Heydenreich is currently offline Ralf HeydenreichFriend
Messages: 225
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi all,
is there a point where I can control if a keybinding is active or not? I've created a test project where the key binding works fine:
http://ralf-heydenreich.homepage.t-online.de/bilder/Screenshot-working.png
Another test project (with some additional plugins) don't work at all with keybindings (no shortcuts are added to menu entries, no shortcut is active):
http://ralf-heydenreich.homepage.t-online.de/bilder/Screenshot-notWorking.png

Any hints are welcome.

Ralf.

Re: Shortcuts / Keybinding doesn't work [message #1459428 is a reply to message #1458018] Sun, 02 November 2014 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6580
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Which keybinding-set is active is defined through the active-contexts
you have set in your application model.

Tom

On 01.11.14 01:02, Ralf Heydenreich wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there a point where I can control if a keybinding is active or not?
> I've created a test project where the key binding works fine:
>
> Another test project (with some additional plugins) don't work at all
> with keybindings (no shortcuts are added to menu entries, no shortcut is
> active):
>
>
> Any hints are welcome.
>
> Ralf.
>
>
Re: Shortcuts / Keybinding doesn't work [message #1459597 is a reply to message #1459428] Sun, 02 November 2014 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Heydenreich is currently offline Ralf HeydenreichFriend
Messages: 225
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 02.11.2014 um 14:32 schrieb Tom Schindl:
> Which keybinding-set is active is defined through the active-contexts
> you have set in your application model.
>
> Tom
>
> On 01.11.14 01:02, Ralf Heydenreich wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> is there a point where I can control if a keybinding is active or not?
>> I've created a test project where the key binding works fine:
>>
>> Another test project (with some additional plugins) don't work at all
>> with keybindings (no shortcuts are added to menu entries, no shortcut is
>> active):
>>
>>
>> Any hints are welcome.
>>
>> Ralf.
>>
>>
>

Hi Tom,
the binding contexts are equal in both application models. The controls
don't have set any binding context, which IMHO means that the default is
used. maybe there's an additional plugin which prevents the correct key
binding? I'll try to debug this to collect more information...

Ralf.
[SOLVED] Re: Shortcuts / Keybinding doesn't work [message #1459681 is a reply to message #1459597] Sun, 02 November 2014 20:15 Go to previous message
Ralf Heydenreich is currently offline Ralf HeydenreichFriend
Messages: 225
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi all,
I found it out. For testing purposes I added the org.eclipse.help plugin
and the org.eclipse.ui.workbench (NOT only the e4 workbench!) to my
launch configuration. This causes that all keybindings were removed (has
to do with the extension point registry, but this I didn't analyzed
further). I removed these plugins from my launch configuration and now
it works as expected ;-)

Ralf.


Am 02.11.2014 um 19:01 schrieb Ralf Heydenreich:
> Am 02.11.2014 um 14:32 schrieb Tom Schindl:
>> Which keybinding-set is active is defined through the active-contexts
>> you have set in your application model.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 01.11.14 01:02, Ralf Heydenreich wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> is there a point where I can control if a keybinding is active or not?
>>> I've created a test project where the key binding works fine:
>>>
>>> Another test project (with some additional plugins) don't work at all
>>> with keybindings (no shortcuts are added to menu entries, no shortcut is
>>> active):
>>>
>>>
>>> Any hints are welcome.
>>>
>>> Ralf.
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> Hi Tom,
> the binding contexts are equal in both application models. The controls
> don't have set any binding context, which IMHO means that the default is
> used. maybe there's an additional plugin which prevents the correct key
> binding? I'll try to debug this to collect more information...
>
> Ralf.
>
Previous Topic:Menu Item Handler Execute() Results in IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.x Bridge Cannot Be Installed with e4 Tools
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 27 11:25:32 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01776 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top