Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Flock restructuring Meta-Model-Packages
Flock restructuring Meta-Model-Packages [message #1457705] Fri, 31 October 2014 16:05 Go to next message
Frowin Ziegler is currently offline Frowin ZieglerFriend
Hello,

my meta-model has been restructured into different EPackages. I tried to use Flock to migrate my models, but this did not work like expected.

The example contains the meta-model Original.ecore which is the original meta-model. Note, that all meta-model classes reside in the package 'Test'.

The new version of the meta-model (Migrated.ecore) introduced a package called 'SubPackageTest' which is put into the original 'Test' package. All former meta-model classes are moved into 'SubPackageTest' (some of them are renamed, but note that the former meta-model class 'Root' stayed the same).

My transformation script (Migration.mig) has to contain a retyping like this (otherwise it does not work):
retype Root to Root

In this particular example this extra line will not hurt much, but in general I have to provide a retyping for each moved meta-model class, which is redundant (I would have expected not to write that retyping rule).
Overall, what if there are more than one 'Root' classes in different packages?

Is there a workaround? Or are there features not mentioned in the book for this particular issue?
How do you think this can be solved?

Thanks.

Cheers
Frowin
  • Attachment: Flock.zip
    (Size: 2.67KB, Downloaded 111 times)
Re: Flock restructuring Meta-Model-Packages [message #1458749 is a reply to message #1457705] Sat, 01 November 2014 19:19 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Frowin,

Using nested packages in Ecore is generally not recommended [1] as they can cause more problems than they solve. Would it be an option to use a flat metamodel for the migrated models instead?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=tree&goto=501102#page_top
Previous Topic:[Eugenia] Adding association role details to class diagram editor
Next Topic:[ECL] Problems to get my minimal example running ;-(
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:12:33 GMT 2024