Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Persistance Strategy for Java Objects
[CDO] Persistance Strategy for Java Objects [message #1456380] Thu, 30 October 2014 09:48 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
I have been working with a RCP application. I have been using Java Serialization for persisting java objects in files. In my application, i am generating in memory ecore but i have my own data model (java classes) and i serialize that to be saved in file.

What can be best Strategy for me to make my objects persistable using CDO? I have a big code base and i need to trasform them in EMF.... I have multiple ideas for it but i need to adopt the best recommended appraoch for this.

So should i create an ecore visually (representing my own data model) and then generate code from that and then try to copy functionality related code to newly generated code from my own old data model?

Should i annotate my own data model using annotation so EMF can understand it?

Do i really need to EMFy my own data model? Can i use CDO without EMF?

Cheers,

Re: [CDO] Persistance Strategy for Java Objects [message #1471447 is a reply to message #1456380] Thu, 13 November 2014 04:54 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi ModelGeek,

If you want to use CDO you must use EMF. Ideally you even regenerate your model with some CDO-specific generator
properties (see the basic tutorials) that rely on standard EMF implementation classes being used.

If you have questions about how to turn a legacy application in to an EMF-modeled one I suggest you repost them in a
separate thread without "CDO" in the title. Then it's more likely that you attract the EMF experts here ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 30.10.2014 um 10:49 schrieb ModelGeek Mising name:
> I have been working with a RCP application. I have been using Java Serialization for persisting java objects in files.
> In my application, i am generating in memory ecore but i have my own data model (java classes) and i serialize that to
> be saved in file.
>
> What can be best Strategy for me to make my objects persistable using CDO? I have a big code base and i need to
> trasform them in EMF.... I have multiple ideas for it but i need to adopt the best recommended appraoch for this.
>
> So should i create an ecore visually (representing my own data model) and then generate code from that and then try to
> copy functionality related code to newly generated code from my own old data model?
>
> Should i annotate my own data model using annotation so EMF can understand it?
>
> Do i really need to EMFy my own data model? Can i use CDO without EMF?
>
>
> Cheers,
>
>
>

Previous Topic:[CDO] MemStore with file-based backend
Next Topic:[CDO] Security Manager and Package Filter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:35:23 GMT 2024