Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with debugging: no source available(Run/Debug problem)
Problem with debugging: no source available [message #1454813] Tue, 28 October 2014 20:03 Go to next message
Fang Wang is currently offline Fang WangFriend
I'm new to eclipse, and I got a problem with debugging my code. I use CDT Version: Kepler Service Release 2, Build id: 20140224-0627.

The project I'm working on is a large one. The source files, the objective files, and the executables are in seperate places.

When I first tried to debug, it shows "No source available for main()". So I set a breakpoint in main(). Now It can find main(), but not any functions called in main(). For example, the first function called is memset, and the message shows No source available for memset@plt().

The disassembly code can be executed line by line, but when it tried to step into a function, it always shows no source available.

I compiled it with -g3. The source lookup location is set as absolute path and compilation directory (include subdirectories).

Google about this problem and tried almost all the available solutions, but nothing fixed the problem I have. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you so much!

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2014 20:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with debugging: no source available [message #1457523 is a reply to message #1454813] Fri, 31 October 2014 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
memset() is part of glibc. If you want to debug this function you need source code of glibc.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Problem with debugging: no source available [message #1457581 is a reply to message #1457523] Fri, 31 October 2014 13:27 Go to previous message
Fang Wang is currently offline Fang WangFriend
Thank you so much for the reply. memset() is an example, basically it happens for every function that is called in main(), it happens for main() too if I don't set the breakpoint at main().

Does it have something to do with the fact that the source files, the object files and the executables are in different folders, not within a subfolder.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2014 13:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Newcomer! In need of some help.
Next Topic:CDT helping C developers; a new/unusual approach
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:40:07 GMT 2024