Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Newcomer! In need of some help.(I can't include an external library in my project!)
Newcomer! In need of some help. [message #1454055] Mon, 27 October 2014 22:46 Go to next message
José Nogueira is currently offline José NogueiraFriend
Hey Very Happy

I'm new to Eclipse CDT.

I've recently started my masters with a Grasping Optimization Problem (robotics) and in my project I need to include a set of external libraries known as Simox (if you are wondering what they are, you can check it in google Smile ).

The script I'm trying to compile in Eclipse is:

#include <VirtualRobot/VirtualRobotCommon.h>

#include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
#include <string>
#include <iostream>

// I'll need these later on
#include <Eigen/Core>
#include <Eigen/Geometry>

int main ()
{
	VirtualRobot::RobotPtr iCub = VirtualRobot::RobotIO::loadRobot("/home/zenogueira/Programs/simox/VirtualRobot/data/robots/iCub/iCub.xml");

return 0;
}

Which calls a function from the VirtualRobot library.

I've included the Simox root folder in the Include Directories of the project (Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols). I'm getting an error that tells me that
 loadRobot() 
is undefined. RobotPtr class is defined though. RobotPtr is defined in simox/VirtualRobot/VirtualRobot.h and the loadRobot() static function is defined in simox/VirtualRobot/XML/RobotIO.h

I'm having a lot of trouble solving this. I have a linking problem and I clearly don't know what I am doing (linking was always something I didn't have to worry about before).

Can someone be kind enough and try to help me with this?

Thanks Smile
Re: Newcomer! In need of some help. [message #1457528 is a reply to message #1454055] Fri, 31 October 2014 12:16 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#Adding_C.2FC.2B.2B_External_Libraries

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Eclipse does not create the exe-file in debug directory after successful build
Next Topic:Problem with debugging: no source available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:11:28 GMT 2024