Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer - how to do?
JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer - how to do? [message #1453157] Sun, 26 October 2014 13:49 Go to next message
Florian Pirchner is currently offline Florian PirchnerFriend

Hi,

i am using Xtext 2.6.2 and i'd like to use the JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer instead of JavaProjectResourceSetInitializer.

Tried different ways but can not do so. The JavaProjectResourceSetInitializer is provided as a SharedStateContribution and adding a binding to my Ui-Module has no effect.

I also tried to create my own SharedStateContribution. But i'd like to replace the JavaProjectResourceSetInitializer by the JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer.

For now, i did not find a way to do so.

Another way would be to provide my own XtextResourceSetProvider. But i am looking for a way to avoid doing so.

Thanks a lot for your hints.

Florian Pirchner
Re: JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer - how to do? [message #1453206 is a reply to message #1453157] Sun, 26 October 2014 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Flo,

why do you want to replace the JavaProjectResourceSetInitializer?
What problem do you want to solve in the first place?

Best,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: JvmTypesAwareResourceSetInitializer - how to do? [message #1454418 is a reply to message #1453206] Tue, 28 October 2014 11:14 Go to previous message
Florian Pirchner is currently offline Florian PirchnerFriend

Hi Sebastian,

i could figure out, that JvmTypes are resolved by TypeReferences during installDerived-State.
The ResourceSet does not have a registered "java"-protocol resource factory. If i pass a "java:/..." resource URL to the resourceSet's #getEObject, a XMLResource is returned.

Right now i try to solve following issues:
- Properly integrate Xtext with Sirius-Diagram. We need to load some datatypes (our dsl) to the Sirius-XtextResourceSet eagerly.

- Following the cache idea from "Mark Christiaens" to cache resources. We have dsls that are referencing each other heavily. And loading takes a lot of time, since every loaded resource will cause model inferring, scoping,... transitively for all referenced resources. So i extended the cache idea and also added the derived state model and the jvmAssociations to cache. In that special case i need to resolve the "java"-protocoll during build by the XtextResourceSet. For now i do not have an answer whether my approach will work. But first results are really fine Smile

Yesterday i could properly add the "java"-protocol resourceFactory to XtextResourceInitializer. I used a SharedStateContribution.

Thanks, Flo
Previous Topic:Export Eclipse Plugins
Next Topic:Custom xtext formatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:12:53 GMT 2024