Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Build 32bit RCP from 64bit IDE using product export wizard(PDE packs wrong launcher artifact into exported product when exporting to a target which is different to the IDE)
icon3.gif  Build 32bit RCP from 64bit IDE using product export wizard [message #1451896] Fri, 24 October 2014 13:07
Joachim Engelhardt is currently offline Joachim EngelhardtFriend

Hello,

I'm using a 64 eclipse IDE and have a product definition for a 32bit RCP application. My target is set via a specific TargetDefinition and contains all needed OS specific 32bit libraries.
Executing the product from within eclipse works fine, but if I export the product using the product export wizard the wrong launcher (eclipse.exe) was packed into the result.

This causes the error
The <applicationName> executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

In my workspace I can find the correct eclipse.exe under
.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\.install_folders\1411715859956\eclipse.exe

If I replace the eclipse.exe of the exported product with the eclipse.exe found in the org.eclipse.pde.core plugin, the application starts successfully.

What is wrong with the product export wizard or what am I doing wrong when using it?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Joachim

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2014 07:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem Occurred window appears with Unhandled event loop exception, java.lang.StackOverflowError
Next Topic:Plug-In creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 14:32:50 GMT 2024