Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Select With TAB in ContentProposalAdapter(Possible to select proposal with tab key in a content provider)
Select With TAB in ContentProposalAdapter [message #1451745] Fri, 24 October 2014 08:25
Jonas Hugo is currently offline Jonas HugoFriend
Hi,
I am working with the content proposal adapter provided by eclipse.jface.fieldassist package and I have the need
to be able to accept the selected content when pressing TAB, then traverse to next control in my GUI. However
I do not get this to work with the given ContentProposalAdapter.java

Is there any other component one can use for "autocomplete" functionality which could support this behaviour?

If not, could one do change-request for this or contribute a solution to this issue?

Also looking in to the code of this class mentioned, there seem to be a bug in the listener handling an arrow key
event. The selection in the list can be incremented/decremented with 2 instead of 1. Looks like the listener can
see and do increment/decrement selection action for 2 of the following modify, key-down and traverse events.

Regards Jonas

Previous Topic:How do i enable expand feature to a table column???
Next Topic:Changing Label Provider for tree viewer giving null pointer exception in MAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:26:37 GMT 2024