Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JDT Static Analysis for Swt Naming(JDT Static Analysis)
JDT Static Analysis for Swt Naming [message #1449580] Tue, 21 October 2014 15:03 Go to next message
Mary Fricke is currently offline Mary FrickeFriend
I am new to the use of JDT for static analysis. We are using a testing tool that requires that each UI component in the application has a unique component Id. I am seeking to determine a best strategy for an analysis which can determine which components have been named with the purpose to visualize a UI component containment hierarchy with the name of each component listed.

The application naming is accomplished by using a Utils.name(Widget,name) with a standard naming strategy; however, not all components have been named by developers. UI composite construction is highly varied.

I experimented with an ASTVisitor to locate UI controls as a plug-in; I looked at static analysis code analysis tools such as Wala (IBM) and the Recommenders code; however, the models used in these tools are not immediately apparent and perhaps more complex than required.

It would be helpful to know if there is sample code for static analysis determination of an eclipse rcp application UI containment hierarchy - or does this type of analysis need to be dynamic?
Re: JDT Static Analysis for Swt Naming [message #1458949 is a reply to message #1449580] Sun, 02 November 2014 00:32 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Static analysis is a broad term. Do you just want to look at the structure of code? Do you need data flow analysis? Etc.
Whether or not static analysis is suitable for your task depends on how the widget containment hierarchy is created in your application. If it's all in one method and follows the same pattern throughout, you might be lucky. The more widget creation is scattered, the more difficult it will be to statically recognize that hierarchy.

A runtime traversal of all widgets in a window would probably be much easier, no?

Stephan
Previous Topic:Java Script
Next Topic:Want to improve Jar Creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:12:54 GMT 2024