Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » The whole view button menu (AbstractOutlineViewButton) is lost after some time
The whole view button menu (AbstractOutlineViewButton) is lost after some time [message #1449477] Tue, 21 October 2014 12:20 Go to next message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
Hi,

One customer has the following problem that is not reproducible:
We use the AbstractOutlineViewButton to show severeal Buttons at the top of the SWT-application like it is described here https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/ViewButton.
Everything worked fine for some time, but since yesterday, the complete menu is missing. Neither the client nor the server throws an exception or error...
The start outline including the table page and the outline tree is shown like always. I also can use all actions - so that it could not be a permission problem.

The customer told me that this firstly occured from time to time and a restart helped. But now, even a reboot does not help anymore.
He has different clients (Mac and Win) and this only happens on the Macs - the windows client is still working.

When I use my Mac to connect to their server using the same client, the menu is there - no problems.

Some props:
Mac OS X 10.7.5 / 10.10
Some infos: Scout 4.0.100
RCP/SWT: 3.8.2

Does anyone have an idea why this happens and/or what I should check?!

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The whole view button menu (AbstractOutlineViewButton) is lost after some time [message #1449523 is a reply to message #1449477] Tue, 21 October 2014 13:41 Go to previous message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
I did not find out the reason, but removing the ".metadata" folder is a workaround...
Previous Topic:Mockito Spy and inner classes
Next Topic:Possible bug in class AbstractTable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 03:34:57 GMT 2024