Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Luna SR1: Error starting on Windows 8.1(Eclipse Lune SR1 not starting on Windows 8.1)
icon4.gif  Eclipse Luna SR1: Error starting on Windows 8.1 [message #1445220] Wed, 15 October 2014 06:17 Go to next message
Tom Tempelaere is currently offline Tom TempelaereFriend
Dear reader,

Ever since I ran Windows Update, I can no longer start my Eclipse. I've tried downloading Eclipse anew and starting it but I get the same error message. I fear something is wrong with Eclipse Luna SR1 so that it no longer works on Windows 8.1 after a recent Windows Update.

The error message is in the attached file. Both the installation I already had, and the new installation I just downloaded today, end with the same error message. Eclipse simply will not start anymore. I've included the System Summary , System Information (includes HotFix KBs) and Environment Variables in attachment as well. If this issue requires more information on my system, I will be glad to provide it.

I have no real recollection about what Windows Update did, apart from what I consciously upgraded and that is SQL Server 2008 R2 (Express version), SQL Server 2012 SP1 (Express version) and Visual C# 2010 (Express).

Thanks for any input,

Kind Regards,
Tom Tempelaere.
Re: Eclipse Luna SR1: Error starting on Windows 8.1 [message #1445403 is a reply to message #1445220] Wed, 15 October 2014 11:38 Go to previous message
Tom Tempelaere is currently offline Tom TempelaereFriend
I managed to figure out that due to the updates from Windows Update, somehow the JRE was now pointing to a 32 bit version on my 64 bit system. Manually changing the eclipse.ini to point to a 64 bit version solved my crisis. I still think it's a bit lame from both Windows Update (things suddenly breaking) and Eclipse (not telling me the obvious in plain text). Issue closed.
Previous Topic:[Debian] Eclipse Luna doesn't start
Next Topic:Quick Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:58:53 GMT 2024