Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » [OS X] Codesigning the .app with new Gatekeeper, codesigning V2
icon8.gif  [OS X] Codesigning the .app with new Gatekeeper, codesigning V2 [message #1444570] Tue, 14 October 2014 08:51 Go to next message
Radka Nepejchalova is currently offline Radka NepejchalovaFriend
Since the update to OS X 10.9.5 we were getting the error "Application can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannt be confirmed".

Until that time we were signing the application on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (successfully), now we have upgraded to 10.9.5, but since that I can't get code-signing to work.

What I do:
security unlock-keychain && codesign --deep -f --verbose=5 -s 'Developer ID Application: OurID' 'OurApp.app'

No matter what else I try (other flags, no flags, whatever), I keep getting errors like:

OurApp.app: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
In subcomponent: /Applications/OurApp.app/Contents/MacOS/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator
(or others)

That is where I always ends, but how can I troubleshoot this? How can I get more information about the problem?
Would someone here know where is the problem?

We pack our app with Eclipse Indigo SR2 and adding JDK.

The structure of OurApp.app:

OurApp
└─-─ Contents
└─-─ MacOS
├─-─ __MACOSX
├─-─ configuration
├─-─ dropins
├-── Eclipse.app
│ └─-─ Contents
│ ├─-─ MacOS
│ └─-─ Resources
├-── features
├-── jre
├─-─ Contents
└─-─ MacOS
├─-─ p2
├─-─ plugins
└-── readme
└─-─ Resources

Any advice or suggestion would be highly appreciate.
Thanks.
Re: [OS X] Codesigning the .app with new Gatekeeper, codesigning V2 [message #1858251 is a reply to message #1444570] Fri, 24 March 2023 14:48 Go to previous message
Vaclav Haisman is currently offline Vaclav HaismanFriend
I have hit this issue too. Eventually, I found the reason. It appears the issue is the dots in the name. Mac OS X considers those to be a bundle. See here: https://stackoverflow.com/q/69499601/341065
Previous Topic:Formal Properties for Assumptions and Guarantees
Next Topic:unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:07:59 GMT 2024