Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Trouble opening EntryPoint in Windowbuilder (Eclipse luna 4.4, Windowbuilder 1.7.0)(Beginners question on Entrypoint + windowbuilder, visual design not possible)
Trouble opening EntryPoint in Windowbuilder (Eclipse luna 4.4, Windowbuilder 1.7.0) [message #1444118] Mon, 13 October 2014 17:07 Go to next message
Sebastian Geedot is currently offline Sebastian GeedotFriend
Hi all,

following the tutorial at o7planning.org, for instance, also installed and run the examples available here in the developer guide (they are great!), I was struggling for several days opening an EntryPoint in Windowbuilder.

It just don't work for me.
Windowbuilder itself is functioning, I am able to design an SWT class for instance.

But not chance to open an EntryPoint, in concrete the BasicEntryPoint from the template as well as the EntryPoints provided in the developers example.
If I click the button "use this method as an entry point" simply nothing happens.
When using that annotation in a comment as suggested:
/**
* @wbp.parser.entryPoint
*/
It does not work, too.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
My eclipse version is:
Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers 4.4.1.20140925-1820 epp.package.rcp
and the windowbuilder version is:
WindowBuilder Core 1.7.0.r44x201405021445 org.eclipse.wb.core.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org

.metadata/.log does not show up anything.

I have downloaded and installed RAP 2.3 in a separate simple project and I have set it up as the target runtime.

I am trying to add some really cool UI to our existing equinox application..

Thanks for your help.
Re: Trouble opening EntryPoint in Windowbuilder (Eclipse luna 4.4, Windowbuilder 1.7.0) [message #1444514 is a reply to message #1444118] Tue, 14 October 2014 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
I remember that early versions of RAP were compatible with
WindowBuilder. We have an opened bugzilla about WindowBuilder support:
349018: WindowBuilder support for RAP widget toolkit
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349018
Maybe some additional adjustments are needed. Feel free to add
comments/suggestions/fixes to the above bug.
Best,
Ivan

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
icon7.gif  SOLVED: Trouble opening EntryPoint in Windowbuilder (Eclipse luna 4.4, Windowbuilder 1.7.0) [message #1446783 is a reply to message #1444118] Fri, 17 October 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Geedot is currently offline Sebastian GeedotFriend
Hello all,

it was hard to believe eclipse did not fix this or even marked it as won't fix or just any activity on this bug.

Finally I figured it out:
I have kept my workspace used with eclipse 4.3.2 together with the .metadata directory.
Once I deleted / renamed that .metadata and started with a brand new workspace, things started working.
The Hello World Example (RAP) did not show up in the windowbuilder because of "wrong" wrapping of composites, thus windowbuilder could not render it.

This is also a problem with the tutorial examples like the org.eclipse.rap.demo.controls example:

If you open ControlsDemo.java in windowbuilder you only see the header of the demo.
No menus, no buttons. This has got something to do with the wrapping of the composites, I think, but I don't get into it by now...

But there is some progress for me, things are starting to work out!

Greetings

P.S. attachement show ControlsDemo in windowbuilder...
Re: Trouble opening EntryPoint in Windowbuilder (Eclipse luna 4.4, Windowbuilder 1.7.0) [message #1476899 is a reply to message #1444118] Mon, 17 November 2014 12:54 Go to previous message
tran van ha is currently offline tran van haFriend
Hi, please change code like:

/**
* @wbp.parser.entryPoint
*/
@Override
protected void createContents(Composite parent) {
// if you want open with WindowBuilder.
// Change code like:
parent.setLayout(new FillLayout());
Composite root= new Composite(parent,SWT.NONE) ;
}