Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Basic built in includes missing after updating OSX(Eclipse Luna CDT doesn't include basic libraries when creating new project)
Basic built in includes missing after updating OSX [message #1443552] Sun, 12 October 2014 23:17 Go to next message
Mawero Kumabe is currently offline Mawero KumabeFriend
Hi everybody. I'm pretty new to Eclipse.

I'm using Eclipse Luna CDT in mac and after updating to OSX Mavericks it no longer adds built in includes to basic libraries folders.

I've tried some possible solutions that i've found around the internet but none of them works for me.

For example, when creating a "Hello World" project with MacOS GCC no automatic includes are generated and "#include <iostream>" line throws "unresolved inclusion".

I've tried reinstalling eclipse, changing the workspace, restored Preferences to defaults, in Preferences -> C/C++ General -> Preprocesor include paths -> CDT Built in Compiler settings are added for GNU C++ (also in providers), also tried clearing the entries and reopening eclipse, rebooting the computer, etc.

(I've also tried moving the "GCC Built in Compiler Settings" provider to the top of the list and rebuilt and re-resolved unresolved includes in the C/C++ Index)

What more should i try?

If I deleted something, why restoring the preferences to defaults doesn't work?

Thanks in advance for any information ^^

[Updated on: Mon, 13 October 2014 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Basic built in includes missing after updating OSX [message #1445476 is a reply to message #1443552] Wed, 15 October 2014 13:42 Go to previous message
Mawero Kumabe is currently offline Mawero KumabeFriend
After almost running mad i've found the root of the "problem".

The preprocessor couldn't find any library BECAUSE i hadn't agreed the license and terms of use of the new Xcode Update (no notice of it after the update).

Thanks Steve Jobs & friends

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2014 13:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Unable to get Kepler working with c++11
Next Topic:Buttons disappearing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:26:28 GMT 2024