Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Preventing code generation from marking files as deleted in VCS
Preventing code generation from marking files as deleted in VCS [message #1441223] Thu, 09 October 2014 12:11 Go to next message
Victor Noël is currently offline Victor NoëlFriend
Hi,

I'm using the MercurialEclipse plugin to manage my project containing models of a DSL I implemented with Xtext.

When a clean is done on the project, it seems that Xtext removes the resources and that marks them as removed from the VCS.

I would like to avoid that, is that a problem with Xtext itself or should it be handled at the level of my DSL plugin?

Thank you
Re: Preventing code generation from marking files as deleted in VCS [message #1441414 is a reply to message #1441223] Thu, 09 October 2014 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Victor,

Xtext uses EMF's resource API to delete files. You may check out the
option to prevent cleaning the output folder on a clean operation. That
would be in the OuputConfigurationProvider of your language.

Could you also please file a ticket? Is the mecurial plugin freely
available such that we can reproduce as soon as you filed the bug?

Best,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Preventing code generation from marking files as deleted in VCS [message #1441798 is a reply to message #1441414] Fri, 10 October 2014 07:45 Go to previous message
Victor Noël is currently offline Victor NoëlFriend
Hi,

Changing the option canClearOutputDirectory from true to false (the settings used in Xtend) fixed the problem.

I nevertheless reported the problem in case it is necessary here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446575
Previous Topic:Annoying popup when editing model (after 2 key strokes!) with Xtext 2.7
Next Topic:Dynamic type of variable in grammar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:43:00 GMT 2024