Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor (Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor gives no diffs)
Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor [message #1440447] Wed, 08 October 2014 11:27 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to diff to UML models using the UMLPostProcessor but for some reason I don't get any differences with the post processor. If i remove it a get a lot.

I'm using the following code.

ResourceSet set1 = new ResourceSetImpl();
ResourceSet set2 = new ResourceSetImpl();

EObject eoBj1 = loadModel1(set1,"Model1.uml");
EObject eoBj2 = loadModel2(set2,"Model2.emx");

IPostProcessor.Descriptor.Registry<String> ppRegistry = new PostProcessorDescriptorRegistryImpl<String>();
BasicPostProcessorDescriptorImpl basicPostProcessorDescriptorImpl = new BasicPostProcessorDescriptorImpl(new UMLPostProcessor(), Pattern.compile("http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/\\d.0.0/UML"), null);
ppRegistry.put("UMLPostProcessor", basicPostProcessorDescriptorImpl);

IComparisonScope scope = new DefaultComparisonScope(set1, set2,null);
Comparison comparison = EMFCompare.builder().setPostProcessorRegistry(ppRegistry).build().compare(scope);

List<Diff> differences = comparison.getDifferences();

I run this in Mars M2.

/Patrik
Re: Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor [message #1440511 is a reply to message #1440447] Wed, 08 October 2014 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Patrick,

I cannot give you any answer with the information provided here. Is there any way you could provide us with the two models you're comparing or samples affected by a similar bug so that I could debug to try and understand what could cause such a behavior?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor [message #1440520 is a reply to message #1440511] Wed, 08 October 2014 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
I understand that but due to IP issues I cannot provide those models. I'll see if I can provide some mockup models causing the same (lack of) behavior.

Actually since one of the models is created with a commercial tool and thus depend on specific profiles from that tool I don't see how i can distribute any models relevant to this.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 October 2014 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Comparing UML models using a UMLPostProcessor [message #1443974 is a reply to message #1440520] Mon, 13 October 2014 13:44 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Patrick,

I dont know if the models created with RSA are inherently protected against public distribution... Have you tried the same use case with "plain" UML models on both sides to see if it isn't a simpler issue?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:Semantic comparison
Next Topic:EMF Compare - Logical Model :: Loading dependent models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:30:21 GMT 2024