Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C++ Compile Error on Mac(Linker reports -l "" missing argument when compiling)
C++ Compile Error on Mac [message #1436410] Thu, 02 October 2014 21:50 Go to next message
Graham Harvey is currently offline Graham HarveyFriend
Hello,

I have spent many hours trying to compile some C++ code, using Eclipse on a MAC OSX10 machine. I have removed all other compile errors, but I am just left with this one. There a is a -l at the end on the linker command. How can I remove this text from the line?

Many thanks, in advance.

Graham.

Building target: TurboTraining
Invoking: MacOS X C++ Linker
g++ -o "TurboTraining" ./source/DEMO_LIB/demo.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/dsi_convert.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/dsi_debug.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/dsi_thread_posix.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/dsi_thread_win32.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/dsi_timer.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/system/macros.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/device_management/dsi_ant_device.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_framer.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_framer_ant.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_framer_integrated_antfs_client.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_serial.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_serial_generic.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_serial_iokit.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/serial/dsi_vcp_si.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/iokit_driver/iokit_device.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/iokit_driver/iokit_device_handle.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/iokit_driver/iokit_device_list.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/iokit_driver/iokit_interface.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/iokit_driver/iokit_transfer.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/devices/usb_device.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/devices/usb_device_iokit.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/devices/usb_device_vcp.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_iokit.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_mac.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_si_iokit.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_vcp.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/ANTFS/antfs_client_channel.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/ANTFS/antfs_directory.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/ANTFS/antfs_host.o ./source/ANT_LIB/software/ANTFS/antfs_host_channel.o ./source/ANT_LIB/common/checksum.o ./source/ANT_LIB/common/crc.o -l""
clang: error: argument to '-l' is missing (expected 1 value)
make: *** [TurboTraining] Error 1

22:11:01 Build Finished (took 15s.351ms)
Re: C++ Compile Error on Mac [message #1440017 is a reply to message #1436410] Tue, 07 October 2014 21:05 Go to previous message
Graham Harvey is currently offline Graham HarveyFriend
Hello Again,

After more investigation, I have discovered that the -l"" comes from the inclusion of a Mac Framework. I have included the framework as a library in the project properties -lIOKit -framework. Without the '-framework' argument, the library is reported as not found. with the '-framework' argument it is found, but then it has the -l"" in the linker command. If I do not add the Mac Framework, the compiler creates errors, saying that the IOKit does not have symbols appropriate to the architecture X86_64. This is using the default IOKit.framework under /System/Library?Frameworks. In order to get rid of these errors, the project must include the IOKit.framework from the MacOSX10.8 SDK, which is a 64 bit version.

I hope that this information will enable someone to identify what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,

Graham.
Previous Topic:Backward Slicing Plugin in Eclipse for C/C++ Programs
Next Topic:Error Messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:57:23 GMT 2024