Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Help with git/Egit (noob here), can't push project(New github user, trying to push existing project)
icon4.gif  Help with git/Egit (noob here), can't push project [message #1436346] Thu, 02 October 2014 19:37 Go to next message
Eric Biggs is currently offline Eric BiggsFriend
So I'm trying to use github to keep my class projects sorted between whichever computer I may be working on at the time. Created a github account (obviously) and a new repository. I have created a local git repository within Eclipse. All of my local projects on this machine appear under the local Git repository view. All options to push had been greyed out until I made a commit. Now I have those buttons available to me but the push fails. If using either "Push to Upstream" or "Push Branch 'master'" I get the message of "rejected non fast forward". (also the standard Remote>Team>Push..)

At one point I had a message about "<my github url> not authorized" but I'm not finding how I created that one.

Really new at this so if there's any other info I need to provide or things to check, please let me know. Maybe there's an inbetween step I've missed along the way. Currently on the university network, so I'll have to check again at home to rule that out.

On Mac OS X 10.7, Eclipse Luna 4.4
Re: Help with git/Egit (noob here), can't push project [message #1437144 is a reply to message #1436346] Fri, 03 October 2014 23:57 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Did you try the EGit github tutorial https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#GitHub_Tutorial ?
Previous Topic:Get event generation source from ExecutionEvent object
Next Topic:External merge tool with git
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:21:19 GMT 2024