Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Deploy Scout Client into Eclipse RCP Application
Deploy Scout Client into Eclipse RCP Application [message #1435899] Thu, 02 October 2014 05:33 Go to next message
Erich Steiger is currently offline Erich SteigerFriend

Is it possible to deploy a Scout SWT Client Application into a plain RCP SWT Application such as Eclipse IDE itself? I like to integrate one small Scout Application directly into my IDE and use the views.
Re: Deploy Scout Client into Eclipse RCP Application [message #1436053 is a reply to message #1435899] Thu, 02 October 2014 10:15 Go to previous message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
I think that must be possible when you are using the same versions of eclipse for the scout target platform and your IDE (e.g. both kepler or luna...).

The quickest (although not the cleanest way) would be to export the swt-product, grab all exported plugins and put them into the plugin folder of your IDE. When the version-dependencies of scout are correctly defined, then it should work.

A more "cleaner" way would be to create a feature-definition. Within this definition you add the client-plugins, the shared-plugins and the needed scout client rt plugins.
Now you can deploy this feature (the button on the top right in the feature-definition view). Under "Options" you can add the "generate repository", which you can use as a updatesite in your IDE via the "install new software"
You may also select "Install into host repository" that will use the current used installation for the deployment.

See also here: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fui_export_install_into_host.htm

Previous Topic:Toolbar for RAP and SWT client
Next Topic:The type cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:05:44 GMT 2024