Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » miniCRM Tutorial...for JPA folks(Please fork miniCRM tutorial for JPA developers.)
miniCRM Tutorial...for JPA folks [message #1434046] Mon, 29 September 2014 15:33 Go to next message
nat Gross is currently offline nat GrossFriend
It seems to me that it would be trivial for a Scout professional to adjust (or duplicate) the miniCRM tutorial for JPA. The services' sql needs to be replaced with JPA QL (similar to sql, but works for all databases via JPA's EM), also the functions have to return lists of pojos instead of arrays[][]. (There is no need to use any db for the project, because Scout need not be concerned with whom jpa talks to.)
From reading the book I see that the front end tables support pojo Collections as their back end services, but being a scout beginner I have no idea as how to implement that.
Hence, this request.
Thank you much.
nat
Re: miniCRM Tutorial...for JPA folks [message #1434544 is a reply to message #1434046] Tue, 30 September 2014 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

Thanks for this feedback. This is an important point.

We cannot support this effort alone. What can you contribute? (Example: code => a demo application using the pattern you are describing, some explanations, some text). We can work together to make this append.

Feel free to continue the discussion here.

Re: miniCRM Tutorial...for JPA folks [message #1434983 is a reply to message #1434544] Tue, 30 September 2014 22:16 Go to previous message
nat Gross is currently offline nat GrossFriend
I would be glad to contribute but I have no idea as to what. Since I am a Scout newbie....

If it is a sample jpa Eclipse project you are after, well there are many available online. But since I do understand the methodology, I think I will be able to do [detail] documentation - once I see working code. (I do have jpa - ejb3 experience, and can likely explain stuff.)
[Also please note that there is a difference in JPA with EJB session beans, in that the ejb container handles transactions transparently and helps jpa long with various simplifications using injection. But the basic database operations are the same. Same queries, same result sets.]

If you need a beta tester for a tutorial, -from a scout beginner perspective- I can likely do that.
nat
Previous Topic:Case-sensitivity in SQL binding
Next Topic:Table columns - disable drag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:19:12 GMT 2024