Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Weird errors all of a sudden...(Unresolved inclusion, not recognizing std...)
Weird errors all of a sudden... [message #1431527] Thu, 25 September 2014 20:26 Go to next message
Scott Dunning is currently offline Scott DunningFriend
Hello, I am new to programming in general and even more new to Eclipse c++, I was using Eclipse for Java so I decided to try it for a C++ course I have. I love it and everything was going fine until I opened it up two days ago and now I'm getting a bunch of errors. All of my "#includes" are now saying unresolved inclusion and "using namespace std" is saying cannot be resolved.

Yesterday I was unable to run programs that were working fine a few days before. I did notice that I had to reinstall Xcode for some reason as well as the command line tools to my computer. After doing that I am now able to run the programs but the entire program is filled with red squiggly lines! I uninstalled Eclipse twice now and reinstalled but I still have the same issues.

I'm not sure what to do. I can work through it since everything is running fine but it's super hard with all these errors showing. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Scott

index.php/fa/19275/0/
Re: Weird errors all of a sudden... [message #1431716 is a reply to message #1431527] Fri, 26 September 2014 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Dunning is currently offline Scott DunningFriend
PLEASE! Any help, ideas??
Re: Weird errors all of a sudden... [message #1433898 is a reply to message #1431716] Mon, 29 September 2014 11:40 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Was the reinstallation of gcc accompanied with a version upgrade? I guess the Eclipse indexer stills looks for the old system include paths. If yes, then please follow the instructions in the FAQ
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I_installed_a_new_version_of_my_compiler_but_old_include_paths_of_old_compiler_are_still_there_under_.22Paths_and_Symbols.22_in_project_properties._I_cannot_get_rid_of_them.21_What_do_I_edit_to_remove_the_old_paths_by_hand.3F

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Find matching brace or parenthesis
Next Topic:Eclipse CDT 8.1 (OSX) Valgrind
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:37:34 GMT 2024