Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Make a rcp e4 application with xtext editor(Realize an application based on Eclipse Framework Application e4)
Make a rcp e4 application with xtext editor [message #1431411] Thu, 25 September 2014 16:57 Go to next message
Benoit Broucke is currently offline Benoit BrouckeFriend
Hi,
I'm looking for a tutorial which explains how handle xtext editor with RCP e4 application. I have read and test lot of discussion threads on internet, without success until now.

Maybe the right process should be to start from an Eclipse workbench, customize it to suppress features not needed, and make a product on this basis. Anyway I don't know how to that.

I'm working with luna, and xtext 2.7

I have also seen a very interesting work to put xtext into a web editor, but it seems to be a private work (but it demonstrates that xtext dsl can be embedded into "standalone" application).

I have but two files to illustrate the situation where I am. Log correspond to the rcp e4 application execution, when I open the xtext viewpart.

Thanks
  • Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 9.97KB, Downloaded 252 times)
  • Attachment: screen.png
    (Size: 273.04KB, Downloaded 144 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 26 September 2014 16:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Make a rcp e4 application with xtext editor [message #1434022 is a reply to message #1431411] Mon, 29 September 2014 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
Hi Benoit,

I will be looking into e4 and Xtext this week together with Lars Vogel.
We will likely write a tutorial on it. I'll keep you posted.

Sven
Re: Make a rcp e4 application with xtext editor [message #1434557 is a reply to message #1434022] Tue, 30 September 2014 08:41 Go to previous message
Benoit Broucke is currently offline Benoit BrouckeFriend
Thank you for your help.

1) Currently I work on the problem based on the OCLConsole example but done with Indigo. I have modified the example to put the Hello world xtext example in a View (OCLConsole), to cut the dependencies with OCL. I have stopped this work because the EmbeddedEditor is not completely satisfy (I don't have the mark like in editor, but I have completionand message over error in the widget text)

2) I try to learn technology throw the project Yakindu also, this time based on Luna. My goal here is try to understand how to develop a small application on Eclipse base, with editor support.

But both are not a RCP application.
If RCP doesn't work, maybe the point 2) is the best approach but I need to customize the Eclipse presentation to be more business application driven.

My best regards
Previous Topic:How to update the list of applications available on Xtexts community page?
Next Topic:infer annotation with key-value Pairs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:42:35 GMT 2024