Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Python client not working in IronPython(TypeError: create_connection() got an unexpected keyword argument 'source_address')
Python client not working in IronPython [message #1426780] Fri, 19 September 2014 07:51 Go to next message
Björn Dietzel is currently offline Björn DietzelFriend
Hi,

i need MQTT in IronPython.
The Paho Python client is working great in CPython but gives me errors in IronPython.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Lib\paho\mqtt\client.py", line 600, in connect
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Lib\paho\mqtt\client.py", line 722, in reconnect
TypeError: create_connection() got an unexpected keyword argument 'source_address'

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64

Re: Python client not working in IronPython [message #1444857 is a reply to message #1426780] Tue, 14 October 2014 16:54 Go to previous message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
This is a bit of a surprise to me, the IronPython (and CPython) documentation states that the source_address parameter to socket.create_connection() was added in 2.7, so there should be no problem.

I'm not sure what to suggest at the moment - it's not a big deal if you just want to remove the source_address parameter from the call, so you can get something working.

Cheers,

Roger
Previous Topic:Android - Paho Mqtt client does not receive messages once network connectivity changes.
Next Topic:anyway to get the detail connection error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:47:57 GMT 2024