Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues(unable to locate installable unit)
Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues [message #1426518] Thu, 18 September 2014 21:50 Go to next message
João Rebelo is currently offline João RebeloFriend
I'm trying to setup in my local environment the Eclipse Scout Development environment to submit some code suggestions, following the instructions here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Contribution/Setup

Everything went fine as documented, but then when attempting to compile I've tried to setup one of the available targets at org.eclipse.scout.target project, and any one I've tried it would fail as in attached image.

Using the Eclipse Installation as target platform it allows to test Scout source code, but don't compile test projects (missing dependencies as mockito) or more important doesn't allow for compatibility verification with older versions.
My guess is something wrong with my local environment configuration, but not really sure what.

I've tried Eclipse Luna for RCP/RAP developers with Scout plugins installed and Eclipse Luna for Scout..same issue happens in both environment.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2014 21:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues [message #1426745 is a reply to message #1426518] Fri, 19 September 2014 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
Hi,

although I have not (yet Smile) configured the contribution environment, I had the same problem in other RCP projects.
You have to re-resolve the target platform, because the resolving failed or it was aborted...
you can do this in window -> preferences -> plug-in development -> target platform und there is a "Reload..." button.

If the reloading fails again during the resolving step - there must be a problem with the target definition file

[Updated on: Fri, 19 September 2014 06:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues [message #1426766 is a reply to message #1426745] Fri, 19 September 2014 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I cannot imagine we have a problem with the target platforms -> they are used by the "maven + tycho" build that runs continuously.

== Git Branch ==

I have tried the Setup process and I started to notice the first difference. Which branch have you checked out?

If I look at the org.eclipse.scout.target folder (master vs develop), from your screensot I think that you are on master and not on develop.

I have used the target platform:
scout-luna.target

See the file: scout-luna.target
(I will check if this is the preferred file and we will update the wiki)

== m2e error ==

For each project I have some errors: "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration"
index.php/fa/19187/0/

Using the Quick fix, I have selected: discover m2e connectors and installed the connectors showing up in the list.
After the restart, my workspace looks better.

• Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 25.90KB, Downloaded 273 times)
Re: Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues [message #1426921 is a reply to message #1426766] Fri, 19 September 2014 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
João Rebelo is currently offline João RebeloFriend
Hi,

Well it seems some mistake setting up my environment Wink
Using the correct branch it was now possible to correctly setup the Luna target.

2 issues appeared:
the org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser project wasn't getting the correct dependency for: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap;bundle-version="[3.10.0,4.1.0)". Changed it to: [3.10.0,4.2.0) and it was resolved.
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.test there are 2 classes with the same ID (AbstractTestGroupBox and AbstractTestGroupBoxData).

beside this 2 small issues (don't affect much normal development) its ok now to contribute.

Thanks for the help
João
Re: Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues [message #1426972 is a reply to message #1426921] Fri, 19 September 2014 13:51 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
João Rebelo wrote on Fri, 19 September 2014 14:32
the org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser project wasn't getting the correct dependency for: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap;bundle-version="[3.10.0,4.1.0)". Changed it to: [3.10.0,4.2.0) and it was resolved.

Are you sure to have the correct branch? If I compare the branches: /org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
* develop
* releases/4.0.x

The content you have described is not what I see on develop.

João Rebelo wrote on Fri, 19 September 2014 14:32
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.test there are 2 classes with the same ID (AbstractTestGroupBox and AbstractTestGroupBoxData).

I have seen this too. I wanted to speak about it with the Scout RT dev team.
Thanks for the reminder Wink

Previous Topic:AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment cannot be resolved to a type
Next Topic:Bundle cannot be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:20:03 GMT 2024